BRIEF HISTORY OF THE DIRECTORATE
The Ministry of Science & Technology was created on 17th August, 2007 out of Ministry of Commerce & Industry by His Excellency, Dr Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan, the Former Governor of Delta State in order to strengthen the already existing thrust of Government towards enhancing Science & Technology Development.
VISION: To have a vibrant economy driven by world class Science and Technology.
MISSION: To promote a Science and Technology driven economy based on innovation research, invention and best practices.
THE MANDATE OF THE DIRECTORATE INVOLVES:
Promoting, developing, implementing and reviewing Science and Technology policies in the state, liaising and partnering with the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology (FMST) as well as carry out the following:
- Industrial Technology and Energy Research
- Health/Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology and Environmental Science Technology
- Food/Agric Technology
- Research of solid Mineral Development (Including exploration, exploitation and utilization).
- Traditional Medicine/Floral Plant Development
- Development, Promotion, Adaptation and Acquisition of Science and Technology Innovations;
- Science and Technology Publications
- Exploitation/Application of Medical Research;
- Technology Product Marketing