FINANCE AND ACCOUNT
Mr Godpower Otatohor
Director of Finance and Accounts
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ACCOUNT
The Department of Finance & Account is one the Service Departments of Government and is charged with the responsibilities of executing Financial, Accounting and Budgetary activities in the Ministry of Science & Technology.
Finance and Control [Service Centre]
The functions of the Unit include:
- Preparation and review of monthly bank reconciliations for a project bank accounts; and preparing Statement of Expenditure [SOEs] for withdrawal applications.
- Preparing work-plans/budgets and cash flow forecasts in consultation with the project management and other projects officers.
- Participation in the evaluation of requests for proposals from consultants and bids from contractors, especially financial evaluation of proposals.
- Checking contracts, invoices and payment orders to ensure compliance with operating procedures of government, the World Bank, ADB and other donor[s] Agencies, e.g. procurements, special accounts, SOEs, special commitments etc.
- Preparation of payment order for all EDF programmes and projects accounts in Nigeria.
- Training of officials in focal States and NPC desk officer on accounting, programme estimate preparation and EDF financial and contractual procedures.
- Keeping safe custody of database for all EDF documents, financial agreements, tender dossiers, etc.
- Review of the audit reports and management letters from External Auditors to the projects