INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
The Department of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is one of the two professional Departments in the Ministry of Science and Technology. The department is headed by a computer programme analyst. The Ministry has an ICT centre established for the main purpose of instilling best practices, through training, on civil servants for the proper handling of ICT equipment and items. Besides training, the ICT Training Centre is also to function as a repair maintenance centre for all faculty ICT equipment and items. Other mandates of the ICT Department include:
- Procurement/verification of virtual desktop systems and accessories (to ensure standards and specifications are adhered).
- Monitoring, inspection and evaluation of ICT related jobs and projects
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities (BoQ) on ICT related jobs and projects
- Promotes and oversee ICT oriented programmes
- ICT policy formulation and management
- Publication of ICT information.
- Projects presently overseen by the Department.
The ICT department is charged with the responsibility of handling matters/proposals relating to Information and Communication Technology in the State;
- Establishment of an ICT Centre/Base Station
- Digitization of House of Assembly Debating Chamber
- Computer Literacy and Appreciation Program for Secondary School Student.